Zooming Every Day

 Okay so a Zoom every day sounds rough, but it is the reality of right now AND part of the expectations for "live interaction". I have been reflecting on how to manage rooms without needing to post on Google Classroom daily. The solution came from my own children. In the spring, my husband and I were working with them and helping teach them from home, but keeping track of their daily zooms was exhausting. Also, we missed way more than I care to admit. I started adding reminders to their school devices, but wasn't adding the zoom link. Then, Google Calendar added the ability to include conferencing information in their calendar. I believe it started with Meet but now it also allows Zoom. BOOM! Solution.


So I decided to utilize my student's Google Classroom Calendar, not just for due dates and office hour appointments with me, but also for Zooms. 

Here's how it works.(Note, there is a Zoom integration with Google Calendar, but I didn't like the limits on meeting settings, so I used the longer path. Here's a link if you're interested.)

1. Add Google Calendar to your Zoom account (link). 


2. Create an event (I used recurring Zooms).

3. Add to Google Calendar. 

(Video below for steps 2-3)

**The Zoom events in this video have been edited to avoid any Zoom Bombers**

I hope this makes your school year a little bit easier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check in Questions

Who Am I?

Fantastic Radicals and Where to Find Them