Digital Notebooks

 Interactive notebooks have always had a special place in my heart. I started using them early on and found the intentional planning and organization that came with them supported not only me but my students. It made a space for notes as physical textbooks became less common, and it organized our work into places that had examples and notes all in the student's writing. Finally, it gave mini brain breaks as we set up our pages and gave many students a sense of pride when they could physically see their notebook's visible change by the end of the year. 

Cue COVID. March struck and I had students asking about the notebook. I didn't want to have expectations for something I couldn't help manage or have accountability. Did they have rulers at home? Would they have colors? I know most kids don't have printers. 

In my opinion, it is unrealistic and inequitable to expect paper notes from home. 

Then the clouds opened up and a Facebook group appeared called "Digital Interactive Notebooks". I looked into this a long time ago when it was unrealistic and clunky, but now we have stuff like slidesmania and so many ways to share resources. 


Anyway, now I can help my students stay organized when navigating their digital textbook is confusing. I can eliminate paperflow and a student forgetting their notebook. Students have can access to the same opportunities to have what they need to succeed! I took the syllabus idea from my friend Kari and started borrowing pages from other people's notebooks to create the two files below. 

Digital Syllabus

Chapter 1 Notebook

I hope this helps you the way it helped me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check in Questions

Who Am I?

Fantastic Radicals and Where to Find Them