Check in Questions


This is a collection of check in questions for distance learning attendance. Please feel free to share more and I'll add them! Many of these are not my original ideas. Please let me know if they are yours and I will happily link your information. 


Fun debates/preferences:

Would you rather be a hero or a sidekick? Why?

Cereal is soup. Prove me wrong. (<-- This prove me wrong part made for some funny responses)

Was math invented or discovered?


How do you draw an x (The colored line is the first line drawn)?

Which is the BEST way to make a s'more?


Which is the best Star Wars Movie (for May the 4th)? Google Form




Where is the best place to sit at the movies? Why? This was from @MrsStevensMath who has her own list of check ins!


Is a hot dog a sandwich? Convince me! Check out The Cube Rule for more fun!



Howie Hua had a great idea to use math mistakes
                                

How would a dog wear pants?
                                     

What is the best french fry?
                                                         



How do you draw a star? (I do 4-1-3-5-2)
                                        
How would a dolphin play a trumpet?

                                          

Which Chex Mix pieces are the best?
                                     
Is the Kool-Aid Man the jar or the liquid?

                                   

Things that make you go hmmmm...
                                     


Reflective/Check in Questions
-What grade do you have in this class? Do you think this is the grade you deserve? Why or why not?
-Desmos starter screens
-What do you want to be when you grow up?
-What is your favorite meal and who makes it?
-What is the first thing you're going to do after quarantine?
-What do you miss the most about high school?

-How are you feeling today?


Are you paying attention Questions (These were for important announcements. SO many of my students didn't read announcements, but did attendance.)

-I am aware that all missing assignments are due May 26th at 11:59pm
( ) Yes, I knew this already ( ) No, I like to live dangerously and not check my email.



Here are some question from my Fabulous 5th grade teacher friend Hanh @MsHBui

What's your favorite fall event and why?
If you can travel back in time and visit your younger self, what advice would you give?
What are you most afraid of?
Would you rather read a scary story or watch a scary movie?
If you could give $100 to a charity, who/what would you choose?
What is one thing you can't live without? ( I said a hair tie)
Do you like being scared?
Would you go skydiving?
You're a photographer for a day. What would you take pictures of?
What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten?
Would you want 100 friends or $100?
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
What are 3 things you would take with you on a deserted island?
Should kids get rewards for doing chores? 
If you had to eat 1 thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Are you an early bird or late owl?



I would LOVE to add to this collection to have creative go to's this year. Any and all ideas are appreciated!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I?

First Day Introductions, Tech practice, & community building.