Google Classroom Rubrics

May 22nd

For the distance learning in my Algebra Foundations class I decided to use MathyCathy's Pet House Project . I made some minor adjustments, but my biggest concern was time spent grading.

I decided to try out Google Classroom's rubric built into assignments. It takes a little bit of set up, but the ease of grading on the back end is SO worth it.

I started with her rubric and added features I needed for my class and ease of grading.







I made my own rubric until I realized I could utilize the built in one. (Note: I tried to import the rubric below but it didn't work. I'll figure that out later.)













Then to create a rubric in a new assignment you click the rubric button on the right side. It lets you create categories with points for each level. Being specific here was really vital, just like any rubric.





Student can see the rubric on their classroom assignment post too! 
Note to self, use more rubrics next year so they use it!



When you are grading, it is SUPER easy. It doesn't show the categories unless you expand it, but I didn't need to reference them after a while. I have two screens up, one showing the student work, and one showing the rubric. You click each category and Google totals it up. DONE!





Then when I am done, I hide the student in my teacher dashboard in Desmos to help me stay organized.




The whole thing takes less time than expected AND i can give them specific comments AND it can push grades into aeries. YAY! I hope this helps someone!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check in Questions

Who Am I?

Webinar = Blog Hiatus